Sustainability has been top of mind for years, but recent trends have made this a top priority for the construction industry. According to the World Economic Forum, the global construction industry accounts for 38% of total global emissions.
As general contractors, subcontractors, property owners, and others strive for a more sustainable future, they seek out alternative solutions to ensure their “green project” is offsetting the carbon footprint. At Wurzel Builders, we strive to make sure that we’re able to achieve the eco-friendly goals of our clients on time and within budget.
A few examples of what we’re seeing today include:
- Incorporating CarbonCure during the building process introduces recycled CO2 into fresh concrete to reduce the carbon footprint without compromising performance. The injected manufactured CO2 undergoes a mineralization process that becomes permanently embedded and traps CO2 emissions forever.
- Installing solar panels to parking decks to help generate renewable energy to power operations
- Natural refrigeration like CO2 refrigerant to help reduce a project’s emissions
- Switching from natural gas-powered to electric-powered HVAC
- Switching to LED lights in retail stores can save up to 10% on their total energy bills
- EV charging stations and more!
As the world continues to work towards carbon neutrality, Wurzel Builders is excited to be a part of the curve to make sure we’re able to build eco-friendly projects.